Thejas Krishnan

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Easy Way To Enlightment

This is not a movie review. I did go for for a movie today, the Manju Warrier comeback block buster "HOW OLD ARE YOU",  which was okay-okay and kudos to her but I'm not going to talk about that.


Today a great knowledge dawned upon me while I was sitting in the bus, A realization so big that it had the potential to change the course of this ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Okay may be NOT as big but still it is kind of huge.


Let me first tell you the premise of this discovery. My phone's audio jack gets shorted due to water => head phones not working , but I do have a Auxiliary phone to listen to music for such catastrophic situation but unfortunately my auxiliary phone also got  toasted and I didnt have an auxiliary for my auxiliary phone which leaves me sitting without listening music on a bus, after a bloody long time. I was starting to get slightly bored but then it hit me. People have lost their ability to sit idly doing absolutely nothing!!



Idle Sitting used to be a major part in everybody's life. All those train rides , bus rides, waiting rooms, and millions of other places where everyone had to wait for innumerable hours doing absolutely nothing. It used to be a great tradition in village offices and government establishment where people waited for hours and hours till the last trace of patience gets sublimated away only to hear " Come back tomorrow, I'll see what I can do!".


But what we see right now is people totally engrossed in their cellular world,be it music, whatsapp , wechat( we have consider the perverts also), gaming or the slightly older generation desperately trying to figure out how this smartphone-shit works. Every single one. From the wealthy business man looking guy with a 50 inch TV for a phone to the rajasthani-bihari-bengali (who can know for sure) guy with the super annoying -REALLY-LOUD china phone.


I really think People should take time out to do nothing. Not reading paper. Not checking messages. Just Nothing. Rien. Nada. Nichts!

 And if possible take a minute to think about the important things in life. Do I really need the expensive  Kellogg's Special K "fat free" corn Flakes? I mean they are fucking cornflakes. How much fucking fat do they really have. Why Do I Love Narendra Modi, I have no clue who the guy really is.  Arent All Salman Bhai films exactly the same, he doesnt even change his costume. And the array of following inevitable everyday life questions.

 And its only when you start asking these basic questions that your mind will de-clutter itself and all the truths of life will slowly come to you. What do you think Swami Vivekanda was doing all alone on that rock? I agree ,Not exactly this, but probably something close.


So keep your mobile phones aside and aim for enlightment!





3 comments:

  1. One of your best articles bro...
    Really good thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice thoughts man.from experience i totally agree with u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thejas I am trying to do that in office.. everyday.. absolutely nothing..

    ReplyDelete

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates